Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Today marks that I've been in Australia for 2 weeks. On one side, I can barely believe that its been 2 weeks but on the other side, it feels like I've been here for months. It has been such a blessed two weeks. Many relationships have been developed and deepened. I thank the Lord for such wonderful relationships both among my team and among Aussie students.

In the past week, we've been blessed with great opportunities. There are so many highlights and encounters to praise God for, but I'll try to highlight a few things we've done. Last Wednesday night, a couple of us joined a fun group of Cromwell kids and went to South Bank for hot chocolates and the new Batman movie. South Bank is one of my favorite places in Brisbane. Its a cute location with beautiful walkways, flowering arches, man-made waterworks, and delicious restaurants. The evening was so fun to chat and laugh with great students while building memories and relationships. On a side note, I am not a batman fan but with that being said, The Dark Knight Rises was such a great movie! In fact, I've seen it twice (but I fell asleep the second time due to exhaustion).  Thursday's highlight was dinner and bible study with my community team from Christ Community Church. Our CCP team has been broken into pre-existing community fellowship teams including families and individuals in the local church we are affiliated with. It has been such an encouraging time to break bread and open the word with fellow believers. It has confirmed to me, once again, that God's heart is for all nations, people, and tongue. Being here and being able to fellowship with Australian believers has been such a beautiful and exciting thing to participate in. Saturday evening, we had the privilege to serve and participate in a fundraising dinner for a family in the church. The Lyons family are moving to be missionaries in Austria and they hosted a "Night in Austria" event in their backyard. It was a great evening of bratwurst, sausages, goulash, kinderpunch, and the Sound of Music. Participating in that and serving them was a blessing to us. It has been so humbling to see how God has blessed us with the opportunity to be in Australia and in return we were able to bless the Lyons to go to Austria. Sunday came not a day too soon. Sunday is our day of rest and refuel. Since the church service we attend is in the evening, we were able to catch up on needed sleep before spending the afternoon spiritually, emotionally, and physically recharging. Having a slower day to relax was much needed and looked forward too. I've also been able to enjoy God's beautiful creation in Brisbane. The city on the river is just so beautiful and it is always so recharging to walk across one of the many bridges or notice the many different types of birds and flowers.

This week has been a week full of building relationships and being used in anyway needed, even if that means spending a full day stapling paper together for the staff. A major highlight of this week so far was the combined chapel meeting last night. Most colleges have a weekly chapel of their own, but about once a month, Uni Impact host a combined chapel for all the colleges to attend. Last night, the first combined chapel of the semester was held in Cromwell's lovely chapel building. The topic was "If God is Good..." The topic sounds a bit daunting, doesn't it? It was! But with the help of the holy spirit and the grace of God, Grant and Brian answered questions like "If God is good, why is there suffering?"and "If God is good why does He send people to Hell?". Afterwards, we were able to have great discussions about these issues that even the strongest Christian struggles with. For me personally, hearing the answers to these questions answered logically was so reassuring to me; it helped me appreciate the goodness of God completely anew.

There are so many neat things that have been happening but my patience for writing it all out is lacking. Besides, if I spill it now then there is less I get to share when I get home. Thank you for your love and support. Continue to pray that God will give us daily strength to fight for His glory. We are tired and do not have the strength within us. Pray that I would not be distracted by my life at home. I have been struggling to be here but also I want to be with my family and my new nephew. I've found my mind and heart distracted by things in Carrollton and while I await reunion with those I love, I want to labor hard while I'm here. Pray that I would not idolize my family and friends in the states but that I would be fully yoked to Christ and His Kingdom work. If you only had 30 seconds to pray for me, this is what I want you to pray for: That I would be 100% an ambassor for Jesus Christ in everything that I do, that I would be faithful TODAY, that I would put my head down a be faithful where He placed me right at this moment. And finally, that every choice, word, and action I do would be to further the Kingdom of God.

Thank you, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment