Monday, August 13, 2012

I apologize for my disappearance for the past two weeks. As I reflect over my time in Australia, I can hardly believe that I am preparing to return to the states on Wednesday. The Lord has grown me, stretched me, made me more dependent on Him, and proved Himself to be always faithful time and time again. As I reflect more, I see areas in which I lack but yearn to grow in. While I've been in Australia, I have been overwhelmed by the servants heart that has been displayed through the Impact staff and key students. They show their love and humility by quietly serving me. Many times, the service was done in such a way that I didn't even notice until a few weeks in. I've seen, as I would sit and watch them serve other believers and non-believers alike, how they display the love of Christ through their simply acts of service. How I long to serve as my Savior served; to pour water glasses out of a deep heart of love and a desire to make Christ known. I had never realized how when I served mundanely it brought glory to Christ name. It glorifies Him when I am humbling myself. When I realized this, it brought a new light to service. Serving others doesn't just take alot of my time and annoy me, it brings me JOY because I am using my service to show and share the love of Jesus Christ to others. I wish I could articulate this better because it has been such a life changing realization. I want to serve my family, friends, and roommates without even thinking about it! I want this attitude to transform the way I love and serve those around me. I want so desperately to develop a habitual attitude of service that displays the love of Christ to my family, my friends, my housemates, and eventually my husband. I've heard this a thousand times but somehow it has finally clicked in my brain: actions speak louder than words.

Continue to pray for our team as we prepare to start our travels back to the states on Wednesday. I have fallen in love with Australia; I love the people, the culture, everything! BUT I love America! Being here has grown my appreciation and love for my country, my traditions, my culture, my family, and my friends. I was called to Australia for this summer but now my place is back in Carrollton and at West Georgia. I am beyond thankful for this summer and the relationship I built, but I am eager to come back and live out what I learned on my campus. Thank you for your prayers and your love. I am excited to reunite with my family and supporters in the next few weeks. If you want to hear more about the time in Australia, I'd love to meet with you when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment